The San Diego in-person portion of the OCEANS 2021 San Diego – Porto Conference is committed to the health and safety of all attendees, exhibitors, and staff. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OCEANS 2021 San Diego is dedicated to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment in compliance with guidance from state and local governmental agencies and the Town and Country Resort.
The safety guidelines outlined below are in place and subject to change:
- OCEANS is following San Diego County and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance that recommends everyone wear a face covering in indoor public settings, whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.
- OCEANS strongly encourages all in-person attendees to be vaccinated.
- Masks will be provided as needed.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the facility for your use.
- Approved food and beverage preparation and service procedures will be followed for the health and safety of all attendees.
- OCEANS will require all attendees to confirm that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and have not recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive. If you do have symptoms or have been exposed, you will not be able to attend the conference in person, however, your registration will be transferred for you to attend the virtual OCEANS experience.
The latest San Diego Country guidance for face coverings is provided at: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus.html
Your sponsoring societies, local organizing committee and conference staff look forward to providing you an excellent, healthy and safe conference.