Special Session (TH1): Tech Demo: Instrument Configuration and Data Management Using RBR Ruskin Software Tools.
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 0840-1000
Location: Town & Country Ballroom A
Session Convener: Daniel Nelson, RBR
- Greg Johnson, President of RBR
- Mat Dever, Research Scientist, RBR & WHOI
The oceanographic tech industry has come a long way in improving how users interact with their instruments and data. It is possible to have a straightforward user experience with software on the operating system of your choice.
RBR has invested heavily in recent years in software tools to help users more easily configure instruments, manage deployments, and process data. This session will cover intermediate and advanced topics in the Ruskin desktop software (Windows and macOS), the Ruskin mobile app (iOS and Android), the RSK data format based on SQlite, and the RSKtools post-processing toolbox for Matlab and Python.
The session will include in-person and interactive topics, as well as a remote session and Q&A with RBR oceanographers and technical experts.
Attendees will learn about:
- instrument and software tools available from RBR;
- pre-deployment planning and time-saving tips in the Ruskin software;
- maximizing the features of the Ruskin mobile app;
- managing data and improving CTD data quality with RSKtools, a free post-processing toolbox for Matlab and Python;
- instrument management and troubleshooting within the Ruskin software.
The session will conclude with an informal Q&A session and discussion.