The OCEANS 2021 Call for Abstracts is Closed.
June 14 Abstract acceptance notifications
June 24 Student Poster selection notifications
July 26 Final paper PDF upload and paper registration deadline
Abstracts will be accepted for engaging and cutting-edge technical papers. Once the submission window closes, the top abstracts will be chosen and those authors will be invited to submit a full paper. The final technical papers will be featured in OCEANS’ prestigious technical program. (For any author who has already submitted an abstract to OCEANS 2021 Porto, the abstract will automatically be transferred to OCEANS 2021 San Diego – Porto.)
Abstracts and full technical papers must fall under one of the topics for this year’s event.
The Call for Papers will be open to abstracts in the following categories:
- Regular Technical Program: Technical papers are the core of the OCEANS technical program. An abstract is submitted, and if selected, you are required to write a paper per instructions for publication in IEEE Xplore. Further, to achieve publication, you or one of your listed co-authors are required to prepare and upload a recorded presentation of the paper.
- Student Poster Competition: Students may submit abstracts to the Student Poster Competition. If an abstract is chosen, the student will then submit a full paper and poster which will be presented during the conference in the student poster section of the exhibit hall. Following the conference, the paper will then be published in IEEE Xplore. This competition is open to any full-time student in an accredited program. The student must be listed as the lead and corresponding author. Selected applicants, based on abstract reviews, will have travel and registration expenses subsidized. Those abstracts which are accepted into the regular technical program, but are not selected for the SPC, will be invited to submit a paper presentation to a Technical Session in one of the regular conference tracks.
- Commercial Papers: A second type of paper may be submitted as part of the technical program – the commercial paper. Commercial papers may only be submitted by conference exhibitors and if accepted, they will be presented in a designated track. They may include commercial content and will not be published as part of IEEE Xplore.
- General Poster Session: The General Poster session is open to all authors (student and non-student). Authors participating in this session will have the option to upload a pre-recorded poster presentation in lieu of an oral presentation of the paper. Additionally, the author has the option to present the poster on site during a live session at the conference in San Diego. Participants in the General Poster session are still required to upload a final paper PDF for publication in IEEE Xplore.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format, and must be created by the author (co-authors are allowed).
- 500 word minimum; 1000 word maximum; 2 page maximum – inclusive of text, graphics, and references.
- Please include at the top of the abstract the name of the principal author, the institute or affiliation the paper represents, and the title of the paper.
- The originally-submitted abstract cannot be used as a substitute for the conference paper. Please note that abstract PDFs do not need to be converted through the IEEE Xplore PDF eXpress service.
- Authors of accepted papers are required to prepare and submit the conference paper (4 to 10 pages) for conference proceedings (additional instructions will be given at that time).